Tourist Help Desk...
Given below are some of the important guidelines that you should follow while traveling to specific destinations in Bihar or across India:
- Find about any specific disease or any other endemic in the region and take specific action in terms of vaccinations or other medical precautions.
- In order to make your trip hassle free, you should be aware of the laws prevailing in the region.
- It is important to keep your contacts back home and in India well informed of your location and actions. Do keep copies of your important travel documents.
- Do not keep your wallet in the rear pocket. Keep it in an inside jacket pocket or side trouser pocket to make sure you are safe from pickpocket.
- Keep your important commodities like jewelry, passports, return tickets, etc in your hotel's safe lock. Never leave them unattended in your room. Avoid carrying large amount of money.
- Use plastic money most of the time as you would find ATMs anywhere in the city your are in.
- If any unforeseen or unknown person comes to your hotel room, be cautious. It is better not to open the door to uncalled-for room service or maintenance people. In case of any doubt, call the hotel reception or the front desk service of the hotel.
- Don’t hand over your luggage to any unknown person, you can trust the hotel staff though. While you are traveling, make sure to collect a receipt for your stored luggage. Never leave your luggage or other costly items, unattended at airports, railway stations, bus stands and taxi stands.
- Do not notice the advice of taxi drivers for the purpose of accommodation, food or lodging.
- If you have a schedules meeting with a potential client or any other unknown person, it is better to meet in a public place, like a restaurant, hotel lobby, etc.
- Do not use short cuts, narrow lanes or poorly lit streets. Avoid traveling alone at night or in the wee hours.
- Avoid indulging yourself in unnecessary arguments. Never discuss your travel plans, itinerary or any other personal affair with strangers.
Follow the above mentioned guidelines and make your travel a peaceful journey, without any hassles or difficulties. The guidelines are just meant to acquaint you with the factors that may misguide or affect you personally while you are on a journey. These tips or guidelines, in no way guarantee you a safe journey